I am an engineer by profession and a photographer by passion. I love to build stuff and when I am not building, I love to click.
Currently I am the CEO of Subnero, a Singapore based company that specializes in underwater communications and networking solutions. At Subnero, we develop underwater communications, navigation and monitoring & sensing systems along with commercializing the technology developed at Acoustic Research Laboratory (ARL), National University of Singapore, of which I was part of.
When I am not thinking about underwater networks, I do take up freelance photography and videography assignments, in and around Singapore. Head over to the photography page for more details.
I am also a passionate 'electronic' gamer and naturally have interests in computer graphics, graphics processors, graphics designing etc. Some of my other interests are scuba diving, traveling, painting, scale modeling etc.
In the News
- Tipping Point: Muddy Waters [35:50]
- Diving Deep into Underwater Technologies
- Supporting the world’s water start-ups
- THE HANGAR by NUS Enterprise Entrepreneurs Feature — Subnero
- Think underwater internet is impossible? This Singapore startup is proving people wrong
- Singaporean start-up Subnero takes Internet underwater
- Meet Subnero, Asia's sole finalist at IoT Innovation Grand Challenge
- V. Pallayil, M. Chitre, S. Kuselan, A. Raichur, M. Ignatius, and J. Potter, “Development of a second-generation underwater acoustic ambient noise imaging camera,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 175-189, 2016.
- M. Chitre, R. Bhatnagar, M. Ignatius, and S. Suman, “Baseband signal processing with UnetStack,” in Underwater Communications Networking (UComms 2014), (Sestri Levante, Italy), September 2014. (Invited).
- Nazar, M. A., Ignatius, M., Listyanto, P., Al-Qazwini, Z. A. T., “Modified CHOKe: Analysis and improvement of a stateless queue management scheme for fair bandwidth allocation” in Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), 2011 3rd International Congress, Budapest, October 2011, pp. 1 - 8
- P. Venugopalan, M. A. Chitre, K. Subash, A. R. Raichur, M. Ignatius, K. C. Unnikrishnan, S. P. Tan, and R. C. Naveen, “Ambient noise imaging:experiments with romanis,” in ICTCA 2011- 10th International Conference on Theoretical and Computational Acoustics, Taipei, April 2011. (Invited).
- M.Sc., (Electrical Engineering, Major in Computer Engineering), National University of Singapore
- B.Tech., (Electronics & Communication Engineering), Mahatma Gandhi University College of Engineering, Kerala, India